2 km away from the community of Alistrati is one of the oldest, along with Virgin Mary Eikosifoinissa Holy Convent, monasteries which is the Holy monastery of Agia Kiriaki.
Having being repeatedly destroyed by the Turks and Bulgarians, the only thing that’s still standing is its entrance. Its reconstruction began in 1956, when the current Abbess was installed. The Monastery had initially only male monks. By 1906, 95 Monks were living in it. There is no guest house. Currently, only nuns live there. The Monastery is celebrating the memory of the great martyr Kiriaki every year on July 7.