Northern of the Community of Agio Pnevma, opposite of the Holy Monastery of the Holy Spirit, is the Holy Monastery of Elijah the Prophet. The monastery was first built in 1900, but fell into ruins over the years. Today’s Katholikon, built with the architecture used in Mount Athos monasteries, has kept and preserved only two walls from the original building.
In 1990, a group of nuns created an only female monastery, with the restoration of the old monastery ruins and the addition of new buildings. Today there are 8 nuns, who are engaged in manual labor (gold embroidery, christian art, etc.). In the chapel of Mother of Lord Myrtidiotissa, there is the miraculous icon of Virgin Mary.
Holy Monastery of Elijah the Prophet is, along with the Holy Monastery of the Dormition of the Virgin Mary at Vyssiani and Holy Monastery of Saint John the Forerunner at Serres, under the influence of the Holy Metropolis of Serres and Nigrita. The monastery celebrates on July 20 in memory of Elijah the Prophet and on September 24 in memory of Mother of Lord Myrtidiotissa.